Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good Shepherd Convent, Baguio City

I liked the taste of the various 'sweets' made by Good Shepherd Convent the first time I tried it several years ago. Due to time limitations everytime I got the chance to visit Baguio, I failed to take a glance at this place.

To go there, we negotiated a circuitous, uphill road towards Mines View village. Since nobody among us knew the exact location, I relied on my GPS Map60 Csx for my navigation. I also counterchecked directions using mapa (as in mapagtanungan). Its entrance is along Gibraltar road, where you can find an arc which bears the signage of the convent.


Near the parking lot, visitors are welcomed by this signage. There is a pathway for visitors, making it safe to walk towards the store premises without worrying about the vehicle traffic.

One of the facilities inside the compound. The place is well-maintained and orderly.

It has its own parking area inside the compound. Arriving there at around 10:00am, the carpark is almost full with vehicles. Oooopps, no stray dogs please. Tie down your Bantay.



Seeing hordes of people who queued for the much sought after products, I came near the display window to investigate. Hoooooah!!! Everything looked mouth-watering!
An attendant took our orders and packed them right away while we were waiting at the cashier.

My son was excited upon seeing that there was a snack bar a few steps away. We tried the strawberry-lemon juice. It was very tasty!

I also tried the proud product of domesticated civet cats known as 'kapeng musang'. As a Scout Ranger (Musang), I felt the honor of savoring our mascot's sh_t! It tasted fine. I didn't like the price (P75/cup) :-)
When we paid our bill, we were convinced that we were helping a child go to school through the convent's charity programs. The products satisfied our taste buds and at the same time, we were also able to help the needy in one way or another.




I took a glimpse of the Cordillera mountains from a view deck about 25meters away. I saw the same terrain where I walked during our foot marches during my PMA cadetship. My trip to the Good Shepherd Convent also brought back good memories about my younger years. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment